22nd Jun 2022
Biocoupler (TM) Temporary Immersion Bioreactor is one of our most popular proprietary products. All our buyers were amazed at the workings of the equipment and its ergonomic features. But, if you are new to the name “Biocoupler”. Here’s a bit of background on the equipment.
Introduction to Biocoupler(TM) Temporary Immersion Bioreactor (TIB)
Biocoupler (TM) Temporary Immersion Bioreactor is one of our most popular proprietary products. All our buyers were amazed at the workings of the equipment and its ergonomic features.
But, if you are new to the name “Biocoupler”. Here’s a bit of background on the equipment.
The patent-pending Biocopler(™) is the most simplified temporary immersion bioreactor system. It's a cap-like system with an integrated filter (to facilitate a smooth medium flow) that couples/connect two mason jars (or any glass jars). Its unique adjustable vent allows control over liquid flow, helps in preventing the passage of small propagules, and reduces air-lock.
The microporous vent filter also allows pressure equalization to atmospheric pressure, helping prevent contamination.
How does it differ from traditional or complex Temporary Immersion Bioreactor systems?
The complex temporary immersion bioreactors are bulky systems that require more space. They require electricity and top-grade accessories to run at their highest efficiency. Moreover, you require a hefty amount of money to acquire these pieces of equipment. Thus, it was another struggle for the tissue culture learners or beginners to procure the equipment or run them on their own with limited facilities.
These problems are solved by PCT’s Biocoupler TIB. Here’re the advantages it offers to the tissue culturists:
- It’s a simple TIB system. Just attach two mason jars on both the sides of the coupler and you’re ready to carry out your tissue culture operations.
- It efficiently covers the whole plant, providing better contact with the media nutrients.
- It's more efficient space- and time-wise, compared to currently available TIB systems.
- It doesn’t require a gelling agent, only MS media and PPM use will benefit the plant growth, protecting plants from contamination.
- You can multiple hundreds or thousands of plants using the Biocupler TIB.
The system has been tested with the tissue culture procedure of a variety of plants, such as:
- Venus Flytraps
If you want to learn how the system works and how to use it for your tissue culture process, Click here to read our blog curated on the same subject.
What’s New In the Revamped Version of The Biocoupler (™)?
The newly launched Biocoupler(™) is all set to be sold to help you out with your tissue culture processes. We have worked on the system for weeks and tweaked small up-gradation that make it stronger and smarter for its use in the labs.
Here’s a list of changes you will observe in the new Biocoupler(™):
- Compared to the original, the new model is stronger. It is made from a similar but stronger material.
- They are virtually unbreakable in normal use. Even if dropped onto a concrete floor they just bounce.
- The new material provides improved resistance to repeated high-temperature autoclave cycles.
- The change in the slots allows better liquid flow while efficiently holding back plant material. (The old needed adjustment of the movable aperture plate. The elimination of the adjustable aperture plate solves the problem.) It is much easier to clean too.
- The steel grey color of the Biocoupler gives it a modern look. It is also a functional improvement. It is less likely to show stains and is also more resistant to UV light. The satin finish along with the improved outer shape for better gripping is an improvement too. The walls are thicker, adding to the strength. The gasket stays in place better but can also be easily replaced.
- The physical shape of the new one allows for greatly improved placement and replacement of the vent filters. The old one took a certain amount of skill and two little drops of UV glue at the grooves in the center to fully assure no leaks. That is eliminated now.
Now, anyone can easily change the filter without concern for tiny leaks. In fact, the filter can be changed periodically or whenever required.
We hope as much as we have enjoyed integrating these changes to our Biocupler(™) you enjoy using them as much. The Biocoupler(™) serves the same purpose as before, with more strength and efficiency.
If you have any questions or queries regarding our new Biocupler(™), whether it's about its features or uses, send us an email at [email protected]. And, we will help you with all the questions on our Biocupler(™).
Banana is a tropical fruit that is consumed by individuals in raw and cooked forms. It is believed to have originated in Southeastern Asia, in countries like India, Philippines, Malaysia, etc. The edi …
Plant Preservative Mixture (PPM™) is a robust formulation used as a broad-spectrum biocide in plant tissue culture experiments. By targeting bacteria, fungi, and other contaminations …
Whether you are a seed to fruit kinda grower, or a plant cloning guru, you know how vital it is to keep your plants free from contaminants. From airborne microbial infections, airborne microbial …
Again, contamination! Tissue culture is a long and laborious process and it feels vexing when fungus or bacteria attack our lovely cultures. Culturing cells in the labs requires a lot of …