Save money and optimize the performance of the patent-pending BioCoupler ™ with this specially curated collection of PCT's top-tier, tissue-culture products. With this bundle, you'll be ready to start temporarily immersing your plant propagules right away, keeping them wet, coated, and moved about; contaminate-free; and vitamin enriched.
- 6 Biocoupler TM Glass Sets with 8oz vessels to solve the problems and drawbacks of traditional temporary immersion bioreactor systems (TIBs)
- 30 mL of Plant Preservative Mixture (PPM) to inhibit contamination introduced from human contact, prevent airborne and waterborne contamination, and reduce endogenous contamination
- 10L of MS Media to support and facilitate plant growth and/or shoot proliferation
The New and Improved Biocoupler
It also contains a microporous vent filter that allows pressure equalization to atmospheric pressure, helping prevent contamination. The device is more efficient space-wise and time-wise, compared to other currently available TIB systems. Further, the BioCoupler™ not only can be used by hobbyists, but also by large-scale plant businesses.
What are the upgrades?
Controlling flow was not the actual reason for the adjustable vanes on the original model. It was to allow adequate flow without small propagules passing through. It was found after much testing and experience that all that was actually needed was more fluid flow area while maintaining a minimum propagule passage. Less restricted flow is an advantage. It provides better mixing and better gaseous aeration. The new version has multiple narrow slots and allows greater liquid flow while retaining propagules larger than approximately 3mm in size. The new BioCoupler is easier to use and much easier to clean between uses. It provides better/faster fluid flow, improved aeration, and propagule retention. Both methods are covered in the applied for and pending patent. The new model BioCoupler is much sturdier, shows stains less, is easier to clean, and is easier to grip, and vent filter replacement is easier. All in all, compared to the new BioCoupler, there is no other plant propagation bioreactor that offers even close to the same simplicity, effectiveness, ease of use, and affordability.
While serving the same purpose in the same way the new one is improved.
1. Compared to the original, the new model is stronger. It is made from a similar but stronger material.
2. They are virtually unbreakable in normal use. Even if dropped onto a concrete floor they just bounce.
3. The new material provides improved resistance to repeated high-temperature autoclave cycles.
4. The change in the slots allows better liquid flow while efficiently holding back plant material. It is much easier to clean too.
5. The walls are thicker, adding to the strength. The gasket stays in place better but can be easily replaced.
6. This physical shape on the new one allows greatly improved placement and replacement of the vent filters. The old one took a certain amount of skill and two little drops of UV glue at the grooves in the center to fully assure no leaks. That is eliminated now. Now, anyone can easily change the filter without concern for tiny leaks.
**Autoclave Biocouplers™ before use to avoid contamination**
Here is a Liquid Media Recipe so you can start using your Biocoupler today: https://www.plantcelltechnology.com/blogbiocoupler-liquid-media-for-beginners/
BioCoupler Best Practices
Join Francisco as he breaks down the proper techniques, best p...
Getting Started with the BioCoupler (TM)
Join Francisco as he gets started with using PCT's newest prod...
The New Biocoupler™! Upgrades, Specs and More!
Francisco shares his thoughts on the new and improved Biocoupl...
Teaching a Beginner How to Make Tissue Culture Media
Our lab director, Francisco, teaches our Digital Marketing Man...